Please read and review this dress code with your child/children and assist Westland International School (WIS) staff by checking to see that pupils are dressed appropriately for the school learning environment prior to leaving home.
The purpose of the dress code is to preserve and protect the learning environment to create the conditions necessary for the teaching and learning to occur for all pupils and staff.
Pupils are encouraged to wear clean, neat clothing, that is appropriate for the classroom learning environment. WIS prohibits any attire which is disruptive to the educational process, learning environment or school activities.
For the purpose of clarification, the following guidelines have been established.
- Clean, neat clothing must be worn to school.
- The prescribed WIS uniform must be worn at all time.
- Shirts must be neatly tucked in.
- Leather black belt must be worn when clothing has belt loops.
- It is strongly recommended that pupils wear white socks and black shoe to school each day.
- Hair must be neatly groomed and cuts should not be distracting at the discretion of the administration. Hair cannot be bleached or coloured in an unnatural way. Girls should keep their hair short or plaited corn-roll only. No hair accessories or attachments will be allowed.
- Sunglasses are not to be worn unless prescribed by a physician.
- No jewelry, necklaces, bracelets, bangles, anklets etc. except for small stud earrings permitted for girls.
- Wearing of hats or head coverings of any kind will not be permitted unless medically necessary or relevant to one’s religious practices.
Parents and pupils should be aware and understand that violations in student dress will result in the student being removed from class and or sent home to change their attire. Class time that is missed will be considered unexcused.